This Quinoa recipe is super easy to make and very delicious in addition to being a good source of protein an fiber — my husband absolutely loves it (well…he has no choice)! It goes well as a side with grilled chicken or even as a meatless entree served with avocado!
Here is the skinny on Quinoa
- A source of fiber and protein
- A source of potassium and iron
- Gluten free
Serving Size: 1 Cup; Calories per serving: 240 Kcals
- Quinoa, 1 cup
- Water, 2 cups
- Tomatoes, 1 cup chopped
- Jalapenos, ½ cup chopped
- Corn, canned, no-sodium (drained), 1 can (approx 15 oz)
- Black Beans, canned, low-sodium (drained), 1 can (approx 15 oz) – I prefer to use dry black beans instead of using canned.
- Cumin powder, 1 tsp
- Red chili powder, 1 tsp
- Salt,1 tsp
- Lime, 1
** once i even added taco seasoning to spice it up 🙂
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover and simmer (medium low heat) for approximately 20 minutes or until no water is left.
- Top with cilantro and squeeze some fresh lime juice.
P.S. Canned diced tomatoes and jalapenos can be used as well.