Eggs are the best source of protein food at breakfast! As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, it is important to have a combination of protein and carbohydrates at every meal. Click here to read the post on a balanced breakfast.
For those picky eaters, like my cousin, I put together a list of breakfast foods (other than the typical cereal) that do not contain egg.
Calories ranging from 250-330 kcals
- Breakfast wrap: 1 Whole grain tortilla with ½ cup black beans, 2 Tbsp Ragu Sauce/Salsa, and 1 Tb fat-free shredded cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwich: 2 slices of whole grain bread and 2 slices of your favorite fat-free cheese with a cup of skim milk
- Cereal in yogurt: 1 cup of cheerios with 1 fat-free Greek Yogurt (approx 5.3 oz)
- Waffle sandwich: 2 whole wheat waffles with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tbsp of jelly. (Bonus tip: Try a chocolate chip waffle sandwich with ricotta)
- English Muffin with Ricotta Cheese: 1 Whole grain muffin with 2 Tbsp of Ricotta Cheese, 1 Tbsp of Jelly with a cup of skim milk
Quick on the Go Options: