Have a balanced breakfast that consists of carbohydrates and protein!
- Carbohydrates: choose “complex” carbs that will provide soluble fiber. It will slow stomach emptying and help you feel fuller longer. Good sources are oatmeal, whole wheat bread, brown rice, apples, and kidney beans
- Protein: good lean sources of protein are chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, milk, yogurt, beans, and lentils
Breakfast ideas: less than 360 calories
1) 1 large egg cooked in minimum oil with chopped tomatoes and green peppers, 2 slices of whole wheat toast, and 1 cup of skim milk or 100% fruit juice
2) 1 large egg (cooked in minimum oil) wrapped in a 6 in. whole wheat tortilla with 2 Tbsp of salsa, 1/2 cup of skim milk with Cheerios
3) 1/2 cup of oat meal with 1 cup of skim milk and 1 medium apple
4) 2 whole grain waffles with 1 tbsp nut butter (ex. peanut butter) and 1 cup of skim milk
5) 1 hard-boiled eggs with 1 tbsp of nut butter, 1 slice of toast and 1 cup of skim milk
6) 1 slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp nut butter, 1 cup of skim milk and 1 serving of fruit
3 thoughts on “Breakfast: important meal!”
I read everywhere that apples are supposed to keep you full, its a source of fiber etc. But for some reason whenever i eat an apple I feel more hungry!! My stomach churns like when its empty and i feel like i need to eat something.
Maybe its just me but that what happens :s
Apple and other fruits should be part of a meal that consists of protein as well.