I have taken my original banana nut bread recipe and cut the fat in half!
- 1 egg instead of 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter (instead of full) and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
This delicious banana nut bread recipe contains 50% whole grain flour thus providing you with some fiber in your diet.
It tastes exactly the same! See the original recipe from my earlier post https://wellnessinspired.net/2014/06/25/banana-nut-bread-made-with-whole-grain-flour/
1 loaf = 12 servings
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 cup of hot water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350oGrease the pound pan
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
- Sift all-purpose flour and salt together
- Add baking soda dissolved in hot water
- Stir in whole wheat flour and mix well
- Fold in mashed bananas, vanilla extract, and walnuts
- Pour mixture into pan and bake 50-60 minutes or till the cake tester comes out clean
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan
Chappli Kabab is one of my favorite foods but it is usually deep fried in oil. My mom slightly adjusted the recipe on the back of the Shan Chappli Kabab masala box to make it a little healthier.
Bake it don’t fry it!
Forget the egg!
Serving size: 2 kababs
Number of servings: 6
Nutrition information per serving: 319 kcals, 16 g protein, 25 g fat
- 500 grams of regular ground beef (approximately 1 lb)
- Shan Chappli Kabab Masala (1 packet =100 g)
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large jalepeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- In the minced meat add Shan Chappli Kabab masala, onion, jalepeno, ginger, garlic, and oil.
- With wet hands make thin flat round kababs (about 12 kababs). Place a slice of tomato on one side of the the kabab, and place on baking sheet (spray the baking sheet with oil)
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until kababs are cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees)
Use lean ground beef (281 kcals/serving) to reduce the fat and calories. Use chicken instead of meat to cut out the calories even more.
- Kabob…Kabab…Kebab (eatlikearabbitrecipes.wordpress.com)
Food label offers a variety of information and I have only pointed out few beneficial points.