I had been craving stuffed bell peppers for a while so I finally decided to try making them at home. My husband is not a big fan of stuffed bell peppers, so I wanted to make sure he would enjoy it as well. Turns out, they are super easy to make and my husband loved it because I added a secret ingredient!
Whats the secret ingredient?
Garam Masala is a very common Pakistani/Indian ingredient that you find in a number of South Asian recipes! Garam Masala is a combination of 8 ground spices that has a unique flavor & a distinctive aroma. Read my post to learn how to make it at home!
Serving Size: 1 Bell Pepper; Calories: 400 – 425 kcals (depending on the size of the bell pepper)
First cook the beef. For that you will need:
- 1 lb lean beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 0.75 cup marinara sauce
- 1/8 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Preparing the meat:
- Place the beef in a non-stick pan on medium heat and put ginger & garlic paste, salt, red-pepper and turmeric powder.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes until the meat has turned brown and some of the water from the meat has dried
- Add chopped onions and cook until all the water has dried
- Add garam masala and stir well. Remove from the heat.
- Boil water
- Remove the top of the bell pepper and hollow out the bell peppers
- Put the bell peppers in boiling water for 5- 7 mins
- Mix beef, rice, and sauce in a bowl
- Stuff the bell peppers with the beef, rice & sauce mix
- Top each bell pepper with cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- Serve hot