Garam Masala is a very common Pakistani/Indian ingredient that you find in a number of South Asian recipes! Garam Masala is a combination of 8 ground spices that has a unique flavor & a distinctive aroma. Having a home made fresh batch at hand makes it all the more better!
- White Cumin Seeds- 1 cup
- Whole Black Pepper – 1/2 cup
- Cloves – 1/4 cup
- Big Cardamom – 12 whole
- Small Cardamom – 25 whole
- Nutmeg (remove the shell) – 1 whole
- Mace – 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 12 sticks (1 inch each)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Heat the ingredients in the microwave for 1 minute
- Let the mix cool down
- Blend the ingredients
- Use a sieve to sift the ingredients
Your Garam Masala is ready for use to make delicious recipes! It can be stored dry at room temperature.