Total Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Cook Time: 20 mintues
1.5 lbs Chicken, ground
2 slices of bread (I used whole grain bread)
1 Medium Onion
2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp coriander powder
3 Tbsp cumin powder
2 tsp garam masala (store bought will work; my recipe is linked here)
½ – 1 tsp red chili powder
Handful of fresh cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with oil.
- Dice the onions in the food processor.
- Place small pieces of bread in the food processor. Pulse it 5-6 times to get really small pieces of the bread
- Add all the spices and the fresh cilantro in the processor and mix it well.
- Add the ground chicken to the processor and mix well.
- Use skewers to shape the meat into kabobs. You will need oil to help make the shape. You can also shape with your hands.
- Slide off the skewer and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes and turn to cook 10 more minutes.
- Check the internal temperature to read 165 degrees.
- I let them cool down and freeze them in small batches.
Notes: If you are unable to shape the meat, you can put it in the refrigerator for few hours and try again.