Chappli Kabab is one of my favorite foods but it is usually deep fried in oil. My mom slightly adjusted the recipe on the back of the Shan Chappli Kabab masala box to make it a little healthier.
Bake it don’t fry it!
Forget the egg!
Serving size: 2 kababs
Number of servings: 6
Nutrition information per serving: 319 kcals, 16 g protein, 25 g fat
- 500 grams of regular ground beef (approximately 1 lb)
- Shan Chappli Kabab Masala (1 packet =100 g)
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large jalepeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- In the minced meat add Shan Chappli Kabab masala, onion, jalepeno, ginger, garlic, and oil.
- With wet hands make thin flat round kababs (about 12 kababs). Place a slice of tomato on one side of the the kabab, and place on baking sheet (spray the baking sheet with oil)
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until kababs are cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees)
Use lean ground beef (281 kcals/serving) to reduce the fat and calories. Use chicken instead of meat to cut out the calories even more.
- Kabob…Kabab…Kebab (eatlikearabbitrecipes.wordpress.com)