Believe me when I tell you that you can’t even taste the oatmeal in the smoothie. Before you say “It has oatmeal in it, I am never trying this,” think about the worst that can happen? If you don’t like it, you can make your younger sibling drink it! I did this to my older brother: he thought he was drinking just a simple banana strawberry smoothie that I normally make — he had no idea there was oatmeal in it. He liked it!
Here is what you need for the breakfast smoothie:
1 Tbsp Quaker Oats 100% Natural Whole Grain Oatmeal
¼ cup 2% milk
Ice (approximately ½ cup)
1 small banana
4 fresh medium strawberries
1 Tbsp almonds, sliced
1 Tbsp honey
Put the oatmeal in the milk and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Pour it in the blender and add the remaining ingredients.
- Most of the fat is monounsaturated fat – the healthy fat
- Use skim milk to reduce the fat even more
- Increase the almonds to add more protein
- Frozen fruit works just as great and you might not need to add ice
- Increase the oatmeal to increase fiber intake
- Back to School with Fruit Smoothies (bestfruitsmoothies.com)